How to retain C-level movers and shakers...
An exceptional executive can transform your bottom line, but how do you keep top people from going elsewhere? The business section of every newspaper has at least one article every day about the moves CEOs, COOs and CFO’s are making from one company to another. What's the secret to holding onto talented leadership? I think it’s all about employer loyalty. Here are my top 10 talent retention tips.
1. Hire passionate people who fit your culture and the stage of your business.
2. Set unambiguous measurements of success and give crystal clear communications.
3. Challenge them with the big problems.
4. Invest in their continued development and growth.
5. Recognise their contribution in a way that taps into their personal motivations. One size does not fit all.
6. Make it clear what they have to do to increase their income.
7. Don’t fear and therefore stifle their talent – give them space and autonomy.
8. Trust builds trust – be the first to take a leap of faith and watch their confidence soar.
9. Set the highest example of corporate governance for them to follow your lead.
10. Do make it personal – it all really matters – stoke their passion for your business.
Need help retaining your top talent? Contact Adsetts Consultancy.